Friday, August 26, 2011

Sioux City Art Center Exhibit

I was fortunate to have been asked to show some of my work at the Sioux City Art Center recently. They wanted to present an exhibit of all five of my original Iowa Duck Stamp paintings and the two Artist of the Year paintings completed for Iowa Ducks Unlimited. The paintings will be on display at the Art Center until September 18th. If you are close by I invite you to stop in and see the paintings. This is a rare opportunity to see all five original winners at the same time since all five usually are not together. In addition to the duck stamp pieces there are two other award winning paintings on display. They are larger paintings and helped me to be named the Iowa Ducks Unlimited Artist of the Year twice, once in 2007 and again in 2010. There are several other waterfowl paintings included in the show also.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Congrats on the show, Darren. I will try to get down there to see it. I also saw you at the stoplight in Sioux City last week! We need to get together again.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker