Sunday, May 08, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Slice - by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"

I posted the commission painting of "Cheese Pizza; The Last Slice" about three weeks ago and within 24 hours afterwards I received another commission order for a slice of pepperoni pizza. Here is the second pizza commission all finished. I have found for some strange reason I really enjoy painting pizza. Both slices of pizza used for reference are from a famous Sioux City pizza establishment named El Fredeo's Pizza. The pizza is legendary. I am also working on a group of paintings for an exhibit in Milwaukee, Wisconsin this summer. I will start posting them as they are finished. This is a commission painting and therefore SOLD.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

You are inspiring me to paint a slice myself. I gotta go with Pizza Ranch though. :) Nice work, Darren.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

I wouldn't expect you to go with anything OTHER than Pizza Ranch!! Thanks for the compliment John.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Katherine McGuire said...

I grew up in Sioux City, Iowa, eating pizza from El Fredo's. What an inspired painting!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker