Saturday, March 19, 2011

Easter Peeps! by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
Every year since beginning my painting blog back in 2006 I have painted some of these Peeps candies a few weeks prior to Easter. Here is the 2011 version of my annual painting of the squeezed out marshmallow chick shaped masses covered in yellow sugar. They don't sound as great described like that do they? Regardless of what they actually are millions and millions of them are sold every year around this time. I like painting them and I think this piece could be my favorite one so far. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lainey said...

I think this one is my favorite of your Peeps paintings also. I love how the chicks look as anxious to be eaten as my kids would be to do them that favor. They are just waiting to get out of the cellophane! Great painting!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker