Saturday, January 15, 2011

Small Town Cafe - by Darren Maurer

8" x 10"


I love painting these cafe table scenes. There is something really cool about them to me. This particular cafe is located in Stillwater, Minnesota. We stopped there last summer and had some great hamburgers and fries. On my way out the door I saw this empty table in the corner with the usual small town cafe condiments sitting by the table edge. I knew right then that I wanted to paint it. I had two different light sources to consider on this painting. I had windows on both sides of the objects and yet they were mostly backlit. You can see a historic building out the window and there is another building reflected in the side of the napkin holder. I am particulary fond of the salt shaker. This painting available through Bethal Street Gallery. Contact gallery for purchase information. UPDATE: Painting Sold

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly Gurganus said...

Nice details! Love the reflected light and patterns on all that chrome.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Finnell said...

Great job! Your handling of the "duel" light sources make this an exciting painting.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker