Monday, March 22, 2010

Blue Shoe - by Darren Maurer

10" x 10"
I finished another painting for the Hawaii gallery. Click here to get to the gallery website. I'm going to call this piece "Blue Shoe". It just sounds like the title of a painting with some deep dark obscure cryptic meaning behind it. It's a cool title. Well.... I've got news for everyone......it's a blue shoe and nothing more than that. I liked the way it looked, which is how I decide on every subject that I paint. I think I will ship these five pieces halfway across the Pacific Ocean now and hope they like them. I actually did a little experiment while working on this painting. I underpainted everything first which is something I rarely do. I really like how it worked out. I will continue to use the new technique for certain subjects.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Charlie said...

This was my shoe of choice back in the day. Either blue or red. "Limosines for the feet"!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I've really enjoyed checking out your work on your blog - it's fantastic, and this blue Converse is incredible!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your work! I find your motifs happy, playful and very well done :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Very Cool!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker