Monday, March 22, 2010

Blue Shoe - by Darren Maurer

10" x 10"
I finished another painting for the Hawaii gallery. Click here to get to the gallery website. I'm going to call this piece "Blue Shoe". It just sounds like the title of a painting with some deep dark obscure cryptic meaning behind it. It's a cool title. Well.... I've got news for's a blue shoe and nothing more than that. I liked the way it looked, which is how I decide on every subject that I paint. I think I will ship these five pieces halfway across the Pacific Ocean now and hope they like them. I actually did a little experiment while working on this painting. I underpainted everything first which is something I rarely do. I really like how it worked out. I will continue to use the new technique for certain subjects.


Anonymous Charlie said...

This was my shoe of choice back in the day. Either blue or red. "Limosines for the feet"!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I've really enjoyed checking out your work on your blog - it's fantastic, and this blue Converse is incredible!

8:52 PM  
Blogger RuTh said...

I really like your work! I find your motifs happy, playful and very well done :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Very Cool!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker