Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ruddy Ducks - by Darren Maurer

24" x 30"
Another duck painting. My subscribers and followers of my blog might remember last year when I painted seven common goldeneyes drakes, entitled "The Magnificent Seven" for the Iowa Ducks Unlimited Print of the Year. That painting placed first in the contest and gave me my second Iowa DU Artist of the Year title. This painting of a pair of ruddy ducks is for the same competition this year. I went through several up and down periods while painting this piece. I would like it one day and hate it the next. I do like how the painting ended and I had to end it because it has to be in Des Moines, Iowa by 11am Saturday. I thought the judges would appreciate dry paint. Painting Available $950. (Email me for Purchase Details)

1 Comments:

Anonymous mjfangmeier said...

Fantastic Darren!! Your painting is very beautiful. Mark and I are very proud of you!

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker