Monday, November 09, 2009

Red Volkswagon - by Darren Maurer

8" x 8"
I saw this red Volkswagon downtown last week. It was a bright day with lots of sunshine and the chrome headlight rings were gleaming. Just showing the front end is much more interesting to me rather than showing the entire car. I have painted commission pieces of classic cars in the past and have always liked the challenge of getting it right. If a landscape isn't quite like the artist actually saw it nobody notices. If a car isn't painted exactly true to the shape everyone can see it immediately. This is painting 307 in my miniature painting series. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this one, Darren!

We had a red-orange bug growing up...in fact it was the first car I ever drove!

Amy Anderson

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker