Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peanut m&m's - by Darren Maurer

4" x 6"
I recently had an email request from an art collector for more candy paintings. I have painted several brands of candy in the past. People have mailed candy to me so I could use it as a subject in a painting for them. I have searched eBay for old candy packages so I could try and match the package design from a certain era. I went to the grocery store today and spotted these peanut m&m's at the check out counter and the collector's request popped back into my head. I bought them, took them home, set them up in my studio, got the lights just right, painted them, and then ate them all. This is painting 309 in my miniature painting series. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Galda said...

love your work, these are a main souce of nutrients in my diet....

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker