Monday, September 21, 2009

Red Pump - by Darren Maurer

12" x 12"
During a recent trip to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota) my daughters were looking around inside a shoe store. I was reluctantly looking with them because shoe shopping is not my thing. A word of advice to anyone shoe shopping with me would be, don't ask me what do I think of your shoes. I don't know, I don't care, I'm not interested, and never have been. Although, I did spot these high heel red pumps from a long distance away and knew they had the potential to be a great painting subject. With my interest now peaked I had my youngest daughter, Emily, go over to the shoes with me so nobody would get the wrong idea about an old ranch hand from Nebraska looking at high heel red pumps all by himself. I photographed one of the shoes and got the heck out of there. I completed the painting tonight and really like how it looks all finished. While I worked on this painting I kept asking the girls and my wife, "What do you think of my shoe?" They weren't interested. This is painting 293 in my Miniature Painting Series. Painting Sold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Kopikarat said...

Hi Darren..nice..me Deen from Golden Sand, Malaysia..wow..amazing!

Deen

12:16 AM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

I don't buy the whole not interested thing. You spotted them from across the store and just had to take a picture? Sounds like you may have an bigger interest than you think. Maybe starting a new collection. No more dinosaur bones, Dad wants to go shoe hunting!

Great painting by the way. Do you have them in blue?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Apple said...

A pretty red shoe!! :)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker