Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Candy Cane - by Darren Maurer

3" x 3"
Have you ever tried to find a candy cane in July?????????????? It wasn't easy. Lucky for me my wife is a first grade teacher and she was able to find one left over from Christmas time. This is a commission painting for a client that had a specific request for a candy cane painting and deliver it by the first week of August. I agreed that I could get it finished by then but I had never thought about the rarity of little peppermint canes during the summer. I tossed around a few different compositions before settling on this one. I like how the viewer knows it is no doubt a candy cane without seeing the entire piece of candy. This is painting 290 in my Painting A Day Series. Commission Painting - Sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker