Sunday, March 22, 2009

Peeps #3 by Darren Maurer

5" x 5"
I have painted a Peeps portrait every year near Easter time since beginning this daily painting blog almost three years ago. Here is Peeps #3. I always try to come up with a different view and composition for the Peeps. This is painting 276 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.
Announcement!!!!!!
I am going to be adding a new concept to my miniature paintings very soon. I am opening a new online blog gallery entitled "Micro-Masterpieces." The name is courtesy of my daughter Emily and is a spin off and addition to my current "Miniature Masterpieces" blog. I think the name is brilliant! The concept for this blog will be original micro-sized 3" x 3" paintings posted in themed groups. Groups of paintings will be posted throughout the month and email invitations will be sent to those on my subscription list. I want it to simulate a gallery opening with the paintings available to view and purchase at a listed price of $29.99 to $49.99. If you are interested in a piece, just click the "Buy it Now" button to complete the transaction on a first come first serve basis. A brief preview period prior to the exhibit becoming available for purchase will allow you to view the pieces in anticipation of a purchase. I am currently working on the first themed group that will be entitled "Lifesavers". Stay tuned for more information. If you are not currently on my email subscription list you have your name added by clicking the subcribe to mailing list shown to the right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Galda said...

Hi Darren, I hve enjoyed visiting your blog now and then--your work is beautiful! I just had to leave a comment after reading about the lady bug and then seeing the peeps! I have been art blogging for nearly a year now and I also painting my first painting of peeps. They are fun to paint and eat. The large pickle is terrific, too!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker