Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bobber - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

3" x 3"
A good friend of ours, Diane, is a teacher in town. She has a student this year, Parker, that is interested in painting. We invited her to bring Parker by sometime to talk about painting. This evening Diane came over with Parker and his mother. Parker brought a painting that he recently finished of a black labrador retriever with a mallard duck in his mouth. Very nice work. They hung out in my studio and watched me paint while I was working on this bobber painting. We discussed color control, mixing color, differences between oil and acrylic paint, catching largemouth bass, our favorite lures to fish with, treating your sister nice, and lots of other things. I finished the painting and signed it and wanted to give it to Parker. He agreed and we found a small box for him to transport it home. We will get together again and use some acrylic paint next time. I enjoyed meeting him and his mom. I'm sorry to inform all of you out there that might have been interested in this painting......it is now in the private collection of Parker. This is painting 273 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Not Available.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Very cool -

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very inspired by this story. It is inspiring to hear how people can connect through art and that you were willing to share your talents with Parker. And congrats to Parker!!!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker