Saturday, February 28, 2009

Orange Section - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

4" x 6"
I apologize for my absence the past two weeks. I have been working on a larger painting that has been taking much of time and multi-tasking is not one of my strong points. This peeled section of an orange made a great painting subject today. I really like how the light travels through the fruit and sort of illuminates the bottom side of the section. The color changes toward the bottom to more of a reddish orange much like light underwater gets dimmer and darker the deeper it travels into the water column. This is painting 269 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Available $100. (Email Me for Purchase Details)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Darren - this is wonderful -

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker