Monday, February 16, 2009

Iowa Ducks Unlimited Print of the Year

24" x 30"
I'm very happy and honored to announce this painting I posted a few weeks ago was chosen as the winner of the Iowa Ducks Unlimited Print of the Year contest in Des Moines last Saturday afternoon. The title that comes with this honor is being named Iowa Artist of the Year by Iowa Ducks Unlimited. I was going to try and make it to the competition site Saturday but a heavy snow across southern Iowa made me change my mind on traveling. I spent Valentine's Day at home with my three sweethearts instead of spending it Des Monies discussing ducks all afternoon. Everything has a way of working itself out. I will post more about this painting as time goes on and keep everyone informed of any developments related to this news.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Yea! Congratulations!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Great! Congrats, Darren.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lainey said...

That is fantastic, and well deserved. It is beautiful!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the perspective looking at these ducks AND the fact they're swimming in the winter (and since I live in Alaska, I know you've captured the true look of ice!). What intrigues me is there's something about this group that seems particularly comforting and special -- what a great piece and worthy of recognition -- Nice!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker