Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fruit Loops - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

8" x 8"
Sometimes being the dad and the last one to leave the house every morning has its advantages. I walk around the house after everyone has left and turn off lights and shut cupboard doors that have not been shut tight and sometimes even wash a few dishes. This particular sight caught my eye right away one morning this past week. I thought how cool is that? It reminded me of the watermelon rind painting I did sometime ago. (click here to see the watermelon rind painting) I liked the little fruit loops floating on the surface of the milk and clinging together. My youngest daughter asked how I paint white milk and still show white highlights? The answer is you must not paint the milk as white as the highlights will be. Besides if you really look close at milk in a used cereal bowl it isn't all that white anyway. This is painting 266 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

I like the way the shadow wraps around the bowl. Nice graphic look to this one!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

This is really cool! I love the reflections but especially in the spoon - what a gem!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker