Tuesday, December 09, 2008

PB&J & Sandwich Baggie - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

6" x 6"
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are one of my all time favorites. If I had an official sandwich for myself this would be the one. I have painted this subject before but tonight I decided to paint the perfect sandwich as it might appear just removed from a sack lunch. This is what Glad Fold Top Baggies were made for. I think the bag adds a certain amount of interest to the composition. When painting the lightest highlights into the wet paint underneath you have but one chance to make the brush stroke. These are the last strokes to go onto the canvas and when you make the brush stroke that is that....no second chances. Those strokes make the painting real. This is painting 257 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Nice work again Darren. I also like the popcorn. Not an easy subject (the popped kernels), but you pulled it off nicely.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Darren - you are so good at what you do -

9:05 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Darren, I know I'm a year late for this post, but I am in love with your work. this one in particular. I shall put it on my blog and tell my readers about your art. That is if you have no objections. Thank you. Beautiful work. Keri

www.samwich365.com

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker