Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ice Cubes #3 - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
I borrowed a few ice cubes from the neighbors again. I like the fact that their refrigerator doesn't have an automatic ice maker and they use the "old fashion" type of ice cube tray. These ice cubes have character. I love painting ice cubes. All the little details make them fun to paint. The little bubbles of air trapped within the ice and the subtle color changes of the ice due to outside lighting just make them fun. I may need some professional help here. This is painting 258 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sally Tharp said...

Wow! Who knew ice cubes could be so beautiful!?!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren,

Not only looks like fun, looks like a challenge(maybe they're both the same thing)

Joni

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Wow! That's really good!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Wonderful -

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First impression i had about ice cubes is "Is it Real or Painting" then i said wow. too good.I am sure it must be challenging for you.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Your work is so beautiful
I have to learn how to paint ice cubes for a painting of my own. Seeing yours really inspired me. You have really mastered it!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker