Sunday, November 30, 2008

Maraschino Cherry - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

4" x 6"
I can remember sometimes ordering a drink called a "Roy Rogers" as a kid. It is actually the same thing as a "Shirley Temple" but having a drink by that name wouldn't have been cool. It was some sort of sweet drink made with grenadine and 7-up and topped with a maraschino cherry. The first thing gone would be the cherry. I haven't had a "Roy Rogers" in several years now but I still like these cherries. They are usually still included in many ice cream desserts and whenever I get one with something it is still the first thing to go. The red is so red they are also very challenging to paint. This is painting 254 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker