Friday, November 14, 2008

Jar of Marbles #2 - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
As if painting a bunch of round gumballs wasn't enough of painting little round things. Hey!!! I know!!! I'll paint a jar of marbles now!!! That is what I was thinking while I was working on this but it didn't strike me as similar to the gumballs until it was much too late to turn back. Talk about inviting misery for myself. In all seriousness....it wasn't really that bad but I thought it was rather funny that I was so happy to finish all the gumballs earlier this week and then subconsciously choose to paint a jar full of marbles on the very next project. This painting ended up with an oldstyle antique feeling look to it. The marbles in the jar are old so it is very fitting that the painting has an antique feel to it also. Most of the marbles were colored with subtle tones and I like the fact the jar isn't full of loud color. This is painting 250 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I really like this piece and can I tell you something weird? Old jars have "weightier" (is that a real word?) glass. And you rendered this perfectly - it was the first thing that caught my attention.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing! The texture used in creating the marbles adds a rustic atmosphere to the artwork. The sudden pop of colour hidden between subtle tones makes the marbles stand out. An well crafted original!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker