Monday, October 27, 2008

Silo - by Darren Maurer




8" x 48"
I have the silo painting 99% finished. While letting it dry for a few days I will keep checking it for things I need to add or change.... but it is all but finished. I'm happy with the final product. After it is completely dry it will get crated and shipped to New York City. I like painting landscapes in this wide horizontal format. It really emphasizes the horizon line we have here. I've also included a close up of the star of the show, the silo itself. I under painted this panel in a burnt russet orange color before starting the landscape. I purposely left some of the orange showing on the edges of the trees and at the horizon line. It really gives the painting a close to evening atmosphere. Check out the thousands of brush strokes in the picked corn field. I still have some other commissions I'm working on and I will post them as they are finished. This is a Sold Painting - Commission.

1 Comments:

Blogger Edward B. Gordon said...

perfect !!!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker