Sunday, September 21, 2008

T-Rex Illustration by Darren Maurer

8" x 10"
Some of my subscribers know that one of my hobbies is paleontology. I and some friends go out in the field several times a year and hunt for dinosaur fossils. We have permission from several different landowners to hunt on their private land. Anyone thinking about getting into this hobby must make sure they are hunting fossils on land that allows the collection of fossils. This only includes private deeded land with permission from the landowner. We have discovered many fossils over the years and a member of our group actually discovered a new species of dinosaur back in 2003. The only thing more fun than hunting dinosaurs is talking about them. Countless times throughout the year we can be found speaking at schools, colleges, and museums. Not a day goes by where I'm not discussing, reading or thinking about new theories or dinosaur anatomy. It really is fun.

I have been wanting to break into the dinosaur illustrating field for awhile now. I have been searching the internet for dino illustrators and there just aren't many of them out there. It could be because there isn't a huge demand for dinosaur illustrators but I don't mind. I am already interested in the subject. I have been lucky enough to meet and really get to know some of biggest names in paleontology over the last five years. This is my first dino illustration. It is a T-Rex and I kept the background simple. I plan on working my way into some more complex compositions. Painting Available $150. (Email Me for Purchase Details)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker