Friday, July 04, 2008

Crossword & Yellow Pencil #2 - by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

I heard from so many crossword puzzle fans after completing the first crossword puzzle painting. Thanks for all the kind words and crossword stories. This is a commission painting for a client that saw the other painting and wanted one for themselves. I am really starting to like painting yellow pencils also. I tried keeping the crossword puzzle more loose and painterly to keep the painting from getting too technical feeling. I think sometimes when painting objects that have lots of straight edges and lines in them paintings can start to look very rendered and technical. It also makes the pencil come to the foreground of the painting. This is painting 229 in my Painting A Day Series. This is a Sold Commission piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Carlin said...

I chuckled to read that the puzzle was painterly in this one. It's all relative, I'm sure! This is just a wonderful painting. Love it.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good!

8:20 PM  
Blogger JacMac said...

Wonderful painting...nice composition for an interesting subject.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker