Monday, June 02, 2008

Watermelon Rind - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
I painted a slice of watermelon in April of 2006 (Click Here to See the Painting) and I painted a pile of watermelons in June of 2006 (Click Here to See the Painting). Since then, I haven't had any watermelon subjects for some reason. I saw this piece of watermelon rind with the fork at my friend's house and knew I had a subject for a painting here. I really like how this turned out. The juice with the seeds makes it real for me. This is painting 223 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Antony Bridge said...

amazing, the shine rocks. Very hard to capture.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Deb Schmit said...

Nice!
I like the juice too. Making something "real" in a painting is so challenging for an artist. Its not always realism that makes something look real. Its about the raw emotional truth. Not always "cute" or pretty. You pegged it here.
Thanks for sharing!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker