Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hammer and Nails - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"

I found an old hammer in my neighbor's garage last week and wanted to use it in a painting. I have painted fruit, candy and several other items in the past two-and-a-half years, but never tools. I love tools new and old. I have mentioned in my blog before about old fishing lures having a story to tell. Old tools have the same thing in common with old lures. They all have a story. I thought the hammer needed some nails with it to add some interest and tell the story. This is painting 227 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lainey said...

Of course I like this one since it hits close to home! :) As always, enjoying your work. (Oh, and I made some Blueberry Rhubarb jam to go with my painting-Delish!)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Emily Hart said...

You're very talented. This is wonderful.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker