Friday, June 13, 2008

Green Pop Bottle - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer















6 1/2" x 12"

Other than taking five days off to go fishing last week I have been extra busy the last several weeks. I was commissioned by Wells' Dairy in LeMars, Iowa, to design, engineer and fabricate an eleven foot tall, three dimensional ice cream cone. I finished the giant ice cream cone Thursday evening and they were extremely happy with it today. Maybe I will post some photos of it when I can.


I did manage to finish a painting tonight and like the result. It is a little different from some of my usual work. I usually like to crop in tightly on interesting sections of normal objects. "Finding the composition within the composition," I like to say. This green glass pop bottle caught my eye today and instantly knew it would make an interesting subject. I wanted to key on the entire bottle and also the shadow it was casting. I painted it on a longer more panoramic panel to make everything work together. This is painting 226 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Available $100. (Click Here for Purchase Information or Use the Pay Pal Button Above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker