Friday, May 16, 2008

Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

Here is another one of the commission paintings finished. I'm still amazed by the color of chocolate. My client sent the correct combination of different chocolate chips for the recipe to make the chocolate mixture. I just heated it until it liqufied and then dipped the washed but dry strawberries into the mix. My client uses a cookie sheet covered with wax paper when she makes these. Painting and capturing the color and texture of the wax paper was as much fun as painting the strawberries. This is painting 217 in my Painting A Day Series. This painting is a Sold commission piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Fantastic!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work. It's also amazing the amount of work you put into your commissions. The client should be happy.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Dar Presto said...

I love the soft, dreamy lighting on this. I have come back to look again and again. I should just right click, huh?! I also like batman angle.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker