Sunday, May 25, 2008

Avocado Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

I decided to paint a split avocado on an orange colored surface. I really like how it makes the greens in the avocado so intense. This makes the eighth miniature commission painting I have finished during the month of May. I did not post one of the paintings online at the request of my client but my last seven blog posts have all been commission pieces. Commission work is very challenging to me. Usually the client is asking for a specific subject matter and then my job as the artist is to make it interesting. I recieved orders for two more commission pieces last week and will start them soon. I will be painting a few pieces for eBay auctions as well. This is painting 220 in my Painting A Day Series. This painting is a Sold commission piece.
Check out my new book! Publishing and ordering information is available by clicking here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful painting. I absolutely love your color harmonies, and the care you took in painting the avocados. Cool composition too! I really admire your work very much.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker