Thursday, February 07, 2008

Peanut Butter & Jelly #2- Daily Painting- by Darren Maurer


6" x 6"

I can always tell when a painting is working or not working. I get a feeling when I paint and I can just tell. I knew from the very first brush stroke on this painting that it was going work for me. I like the subject matter and the composition and that always helps make painting better. I couldn't eat the PB&J when I finished because the bread had dried into a crouton. The thing I learned most from painting this one is that bread dries out really, really fast. This is painting 197 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

This is my new favorite. and I don't even like PB&J. The composition is great and the quality is wonderful.
Terrific piece!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is wonderful looking bread! What kind of jelly do you have on it? Is it smooth or crunchy, he asked while wiping his chin.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Lainey said...

It is definately working! Yum! Note to self: Don't visit Darren's blog when dieting and hungry.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker