Friday, February 01, 2008

Heart Shaped Box of Chocolate Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


6" x 6"

I wanted to paint a box of chocolates before Valentine's Day last year but I didn't manage to start on it in time. I barely made it this year but here it is. This proved to be a more complex subject matter than some of my other miniature paintings. I do like how the image is cropped down but you can still obviously see that the box is shaped like a heart. This painting number 196 in Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Reason to Paint said...

Oh that looks sooo good! There is a lovely richness to that warm palette.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Darren, nice composition. You made up for last year with this wonderful Valentine.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker