Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bag of Apples Daily Painting A Day by Darren Maurer

6" x 8"
My two- hundredth painting completed. I am really happy that I am very satisfied with number 200. I went to the grocery store yesterday and resupplied my daughter with some apples for her lunch everyday this week. When I got home I was taking the groceries out of the bags and I set this bag of apples down on the counter top. I instantly saw a painting there. It was a bit challenging but it is always better to paint something challenging when given the opportunity to do so. I like the colors of the background with the red apples. The background has a greenish tone to it which makes the apples more vivid. As I was working on this piece I felt like the colors gave it an old world feel. Those guys didn't have plastic bags back then or I'm sure one of them would have painted a bag of apples too. As I mentioned earlier....this is painting 200 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

congrats on reaching the 200 mark. Wow! what a challenging piece but you pulled it off in a remarkable way. Terrific!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on you 200th! It is BEAUTIFUL!
Ginger E

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great transparency and depth to the bag. Very nice job. I`m looking forward to your next 200.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Very cool!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Alvin Richard said...

Beautifully done, the effect of the plastic bag is superb.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker