Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gingerbread Man - Daily Painting - by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"

This painting is for my wife. When she was two-and-a-half years old in 1968 she received this stuffed gingerbread man as a Christmas gift from her grandfather. He passed away in April of 1969. It has always been a childhood favorite of hers and I am happy to paint it for her. My mother-in-law came up with this idea and she brought the gingerbread man with her on an earlier visit. He remained hidden in my art studio until a time when my wife was away long enough for me to finish the painting. We all surprised her with it last Saturday. This is painting 194 in my Painting A Day Series. This painting is not for sale for obvious reasons. Although I would welcome anyone wishing to have an oil painting commission done of one of their favorite childhood toys or stuffed animals. Email me for details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lainey said...

I have been enjoying your blog for a long time. I love your work and this painting is my favoite! It looks so real, and I can feel the love that a little child gave it long ago. Thanks for sharing it even if it is already spoken for.
from a fan

10:15 AM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

You did a great job on this one. What a great gift idea. Now you owe your Mother-in-law big time!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker