Monday, December 03, 2007

Candy Corn Candy Dish- Daily Painting- by Darren Maurer




5"x7"

We spent Thanksgiving in Grand Island, Nebraska with my sister's family this year. On Friday we spent some time with my wife's family and on one of the visits to her 98 year old and still going strong grandmother's house I spotted this candy dish. I liked the way the orange and yellow candies looked through the green tinted glass. The most difficult part of this painting was explaining to grandma why I was taking photos of her candy dish. She finally figured out what I was up to and then everything worked okay out after that. This is painting 180 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.


Also check out a group of daily painters at http://www.dailypaintworks.com/ The group includes CAROL MARINE, JUSTIN CLAYTON, KARIN JURICK, BELINDA DEL PESCO, SARAH WIMPERIS, QIANG HUANG, MICHAEL NAPLES, AARON LIFFERTH, PETER YESIS, J MATT MILLER, TOM BROWN and MYSELF. Look for our monthly advertisment in every issue of American Art Collector magazine.

1 Comments:

Blogger ming said...

Your work is time stopping!

I don't know how else to say it... especially when I look at them all together.

Ming
www.artmakr.com

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker