Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Piano Keys - Painting A Day - by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"

I have been enjoying painting my limited palette pieces of work lately. Andrew Wyeth is one of my very favorite artists and he used a limited palette quite extensively. You can view some examples of his work by clicking on his name. Limited palette is when an artist uses very few colors of paint to produce a painting. I only used black and white for this one. This subject is a no-brainer for using black and white and probably isn't the most creative thing I could have chosen to paint. My decision also included wanting to paint something that would be appealing to a wide group of people too. I'm not musically inclined. I do love good music and several members of my family are musically inclined and I know lots of others that are gifted musically as well. I really like how this piece turned out. This is painting 176 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker