Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Butterscotch Candy Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


5"x 7"

I have painted the little peppermint candies a couple of times in my Painting A Day Series. I have gotten some emails from people that say that the peppermint candies remind them of someone or someplace from their past. I can remember my grandmother always seemed to have a bowl of candy setting out when we visited. Usually there were a few of these butterscotch candies mixed with the rest of the brightly colored hard candies. The butterscotch ones were and still are one of my favorites. I would take them from the bowl first and by the time we had to leave I would have to run my hand through the remaining candy hoping to find just one more butterscotch piece. This was a fun painting to work on and I thought of that candy dish while I was working on it. This is painting 175 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker