Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Jar of Buttons - Painting A Day - by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"

I found this old jar of buttons at a local flea market and instantly saw a painting idea. In fact, this jar could appear in a few more paintings in the future. I liked the blue-green glass and how it changed the color of the buttons inside the jar. Other than that, I'm not sure how useful jars of old buttons are. My wife saves buttons, I think my mother and grandmother saved buttons. I was trying to recall a time when someone lost a button and there was actually one that matched in the collection of mis-matched buttons. Someone saved these buttons and they ended up in the flea market. I found them and used them to make a piece of art. I didn't see any buttons in there that matched any buttons of any piece clothing we have. I think I'll save them anyway. This is painting 172 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold (Click Here to Check Auction Results)

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Magsig said...

Great painting, nice light and dark values.Everything works well.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker