Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ketchup, Salt & Pepper by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"

Here is another painting inspired from our small town restaurant stop on our way to Sioux Falls a few weeks ago. I grew up Grand Island, Nebraska. I always thought it was a large city until I moved away. Grand Island and all the surrounding communities have the traditional small town cafes in them. They are packed at noon with business people and farmers. If it happens to be raining the cafe will be standing room only with farmers coming into town for miles. I like the food and service you get when you stop. The eye level vantage point on this painting is what I think makes it interesting. I used warm color throughout this piece and everything seems to work for me. The lettering on the label of the ketchup bottle was challenging in itself. The glass of ice water serves as a secondary subject. This is painting 170 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold. (Click Here to View Auction Results)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker