Thursday, August 16, 2007

Discarded Lollipop by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"

We took a trip a couple of weeks ago to Sioux Falls, South Dakota and goofed around for the day. We stopped at a park for awhile and let the kids run. While we were there a slobbery little kid left this lollipop on a table near us. For some reason it caught my attention. (sidenote: I'm always taking photos of things others see as very strange) The discarded lollipop reminded me of every kid ever known leaving something wet and sticky where it doesn't belong. I've scraped more than one piece of candy off of something in my lifetime...believe me. Anyway, I liked how the surface of the lollipop caught the reflection of the picnic canopy nearby and the sky. It reminds me of my girls when they were younger and thought it might do the same for someone else. This painting 165 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker