Sunday, July 29, 2007

Red Apples - Daily Painting A Day by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"

I have been wanting to paint these apples for awhile now. I finally had the chance to do it after the portrait that is posted below was finished. I was most surprised at how "not red" red apples are. They are all different shades of burgandies, blues, violets, and weird colors of pinks. When it all goes together you have a red apple. In this case you have several red apples. This is painting 162 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold (Click Here to View Auction Results)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary J DuVal said...

Wow, you did a great job of putting these in an eye-pleasing composition and I love the lighting. My email doesn't show the picture - I read your entry and then click to see the picture and it makes it more like opening up a present - I form an idea in my mind from what you write and then "voila." I was way off on this one and pleasantly surprised. Thank you for sharing your artwork.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker