Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Salt & Pepper #2 - Daily Painting a Day - by Darren Maurer


8"x8"

Last year on July 24, I painted a set of salt and pepper shakers that were from the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, Wyoming. (Check the archives section of my blog for July 2006 to find it.) I've now painted another set of salt and pepper shakers shown here. They are from the restaurant at Mount Rushmore near Hill City, South Dakota. I was there a couple of weeks ago with my daughter and we had snacks while I photographed items in the restaurant. (I'm always the one taking photographs of things that normal people wouldn't.) Anyway, maybe I'm on to something here? Paintings of salt and pepper shakers from the restaurants of famous places? I'll see how that one works out. I painted this on an 8"x8" square panel and made the two shakers dominate the composition and I really like how it worked out. This is painting 156 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Nice work - I like this one a lot.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

Thank you. If you could see the original it is even more striking compared to the photo. I like the dominating composition in this one for some reason.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an amazing painting, I like this one very much. I admire your work.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, Darren! We like the composition, too. We were relieved to learn that you didn't take the shakers or leave the lids unscrewed....

Diane and Charlie

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker