Monday, June 25, 2007

Queen Anne Cherries - Painting A Day - by Darren Maurer




6" x 8"
Every year at this time we buy a big box of Queen Anne Cherries from a local church in our neighborhood that sells fresh fruit as a fund raiser. I always look forward to getting the cherries. They are all firm and sweet and make a perfect snack. When the box is empty I'm good until the latter part of next June for my annual cherry fix. The boxes arrived on the truck yesterday and we picked up our order. They were all so vibrant and shiny I decided I had to paint a few of them. I once again used my very technical system to compose the composition and just threw a small hand full of cherries on the table and painted them exactly like they landed. This is painting 157 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Hey Darren,
I just got back from being away for a while and I thought I would check in to see what you were up to. Glad I did, it's becoming one of my enjoyable rituals. The work looks great as usual. looking forward to checking back.

All the best,
Todd

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker