Monday, November 06, 2006

Rubber Ducky #2 by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
I have been wanting to paint another rubber ducky from my wife's collection of them. I was struggling with how to set up the rubber ducky to make an interesting composition. I was thinking of all kinds of related objects that I could include in the painting. Then it hit me today that one good idea would be to just paint the rubber ducky by itself and have some water around it like it just came out of the bathtub. I'm happy with the composition. It is simple and usually simple is better. This is painting 120 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

Perfect! The water idea works beautifully. What a story painting. You should do one of these for the Duck Stamp competition.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

How do you sleep at night with this duck in the house? (Just kidding... it's a very nice painting, although the lighting does make it look a little scary, you have to admit)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jodie Davis said...

A rubber duckie in real art-yow!
I love them so much that I desigend one, had it manufactured, and 5,000 just arrived from China. Would it be okay if I link from my blog to yours? And may I nab the photo and put it on mine?
Thanks!
www.diaryofarubberduckiedesigner.blogspot.com

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker