Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Junior Mints by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
"Who wouldn't want a Junior Mint???? They're delicious!!!!!!!!!" That's from a classic Seinfeld episode and I'm still a big fan. That's not why I painted Junior Mints though. I wanted to do this painting to go along with some of the other classic candy paintings I've finished. Certain candies have the power to take you back to another time and place. I heard a neat story from the person that purchased the my Peppermint Candies painting. The story was about her grandfather. When she was a kid her grandfather would always have some of the peppermint candies with him and give them out to his grandchildren. I always like to hear how or why one of my paintings touched someone enough to purchase it. I hope this painting reminds someone of a person they knew such as a grandparent or a takes them back to a place like maybe out to a movie years ago. This is painting 119 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

love junior mints...very nice compostion, too

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh I love this! Saw this on daily painters' and just had to post on your blog.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker