Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Glass Holiday Ornament by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
I have been thinking about painting one these glass Christmas tree decorations for a couple of months. I decided to at least wait until it was closer to the holiday before I tried it. I love the burgundy color of these particular decorations. It is amazing how the color of the reflective surface affects all the things reflected in it. The glass ball was sitting on a white tiled table and I had to keep making the reflection more and more the color of the glass before it looked correct. This is painting 122 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Louis Boileau said...

Nice one Darren!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Scoutten said...

I'm trying one of these for a small works Christmas show and don't think it's working out as nicely as yours.

Great reflection.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Mickie Acierno said...

I love this piece. It has some of my favorite things...red, shiny, and Christmas!! Well done!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker