Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ketchup & Fries by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"
I tried several different compositions with these fries before I finally came up with this set up. I had originally wanted to do a painting with the box that the fries came in included in the painting but decided it was better without it. This painting ended up more about the ketchup rather than the fries which was fine with me. Ketchup is a funny thing when you really look at it close. You think it is red but it is also pink, blue, and even has a lot of green in it. This is painting 114 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

That is the coolest looking Ketchup puddle I have ever seen. I'm getting hungry for fries now!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

admire the way you got the texture of the fries and the texture of the ketchup just right. I also scrolled down your blog and when I saw the ice, I was speechless. WOW

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker