Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fried Egg & Skillet by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"
I have been wanting to paint an egg but I wanted to do something different with it. This is an egg about half finished frying in the skillet. The skillet proved to be a bigger challenge than the egg to paint. Capturing the brushed metal surface of the skillet was interesting. Just keep working until you get it, right? Is there anything anywhere that has a nicer shade of golden orange yellow than an egg yolk??? I can't think of anything. This is painting 110 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

5 Comments:

Blogger Takeyce said...

Awesome work, Darren! I tihnk I'll have an egg for breakfast.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Vivienne said...

Dare I say it....eggcelent :-). Great painting Darren!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

Now you are cookin! Great idea and great execution. I'll take mine over easy.

10:52 AM  
Blogger craigstephens said...

fantastic job on all the different materials. The pan looks great!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your work... stumbled upon it by accident on ebay and bid on this egg painting. I both collect and paint "iconic" oil painting images and this one jumped out at me. I am just opening a studio in Utica, Mississippi. You have inspired me greatly with your wonderful work. Thanks!
Jason W. Moulder

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker