Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cupola in Drizzle by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"
This cupola caught my eye last weekend. We were at a local pumpkin patch with our daughters and of course it was drizzling rain off and on while we hunted our pumpkins. There was an older barn on the farm with a tin roof and three cupolas along the peak. I liked the way they looked against the grey sky and the wet reflective quality of the roof. It was a perfect opportunity to use a very limited palette of color. Once every one-hundred years I finish a painting and I really, really, like it. This one comes close to that. This is painting 109 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this image when I saw it in person! Looks just as good on canvas.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, what a captivating image, love the mood and the colours

8:19 AM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

Thanks Diane for helping see the painting before it happened. Thanks for Leslie and Muddy for the nice comments. This one really grabbed me for some reason.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

The limited palette was a great choice. I can see why you like this one so much. It has a Wyeth feel to it. This might be my new favorite

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker