Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Leaf by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"
Once again I painted this on a slightly larger panel. I like to use the 8" x 10" panels sometimes just to take a break and paint larger. Our neighbors have a huge maple tree in their yard and some of the leaves have already started to make their journey from the tree tops to the ground. I have always liked the color of the leaves this time of year and thought I would see if I could capture the moment in a painting. I love the color but don't care for the rake thing and bagging them up. This is painting 101 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

2 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

Hi Darren, I really like this painting. I love the intensity of the leave against the neutral ground.

Luis

9:46 AM  
Blogger Shanti Marie said...

Looks good. I like fall leaves too and paint some every year.
Shanti Marie
http://shantimarie.wordpress.com/

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker