Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Rubber Ducky by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"
My wife collects rubber ducks and I have been fortunate enough to win three Iowa Duck Stamp Contests and be able to enter a painting into the Federal Duck Stamp Contest every year. My entries into the Federal contest have finished very well a few times also. Some of my artist friends have joked in the past that I should paint one of her ducks and enter it into a duck stamp competition. No, I'm not sending this one to Washington D.C. this year but I did use one of her collection pieces as a subject for a painting. It is shown by a faucet fixture on a pedestal sink in our home that has an antique nostalgic feel and look to it. I always think of Ernie on Sesame Street when I see a yellow rubber duck. This is painting 85 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

Great painting! I can't wait to see the continuation of the series.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren,
I love this! Is your Iowa Stamp entry ready?????
Diane

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker