Friday, August 18, 2006

Corona Bottle with Lime Wedge by Darren Maurer (Commission Painting - Sold)


6" x 8"
This is a commission that was inspired by a previous piece of work of a lime wedge in the top of a Corona bottle. I don't usually do the exact same subject for a painting more than once. Thankfully the buyer of this commission wanted the viewpoint to be slightly further back in order to show some beer in the neck of the bottle. I'm happy for that because now it presents different challenges for me from the first painting. Commissions are already challenging simply because of the fact that you are completing a painting that someone has ordered of a specific scene or subject matter. I am happy with the results of this one, I hope my customer is as well! This is painting 90 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold-Commission

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

Hi Darren,

I just came across your blog and I'm really impressed with your paintings - in particular the monopoly paintings are superb. Keep up the great work,

Jeff Hayes

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker