Monday, August 21, 2006

Bowl of Oranges by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"
This is Monday's painting of the day. I didn't get it on earlier due to family matters and then two friends calling at 9:30pm and saying, "Hey! Lets go to the movie that starts at 9:50pm." I decided to go to the movie and I'm glad I did. Sometimes a break is a good thing to do. The painting shows a bowl of fresh oranges that are lit from behind and above. The contrast between the oranges and the white bowl was fun. The reflected colors in the white bowl were also challenging. I like how the lighting subdued the colors of everything. This is painting 91 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

great painting Darren. Nicely done and I like the well balanced composition. Are you planning to celebrate when you hit number 100?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

very nice, the textures are really well done. Great values.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Shanti Marie said...

I like the way the silver looks with the oranges.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker